Get unlimited access to pre-indexed and analyzed business valuation case law. It’s impossible to practice business valuation without knowing the relevant case law, which is why BVR created BVLaw, a fully searchable database for all valuation cases and digests. Every day our legal analysts track published decisions from the courts in all 50 U.S. states and federal jurisdictions– including the Delaware Chancery Court and the U.S. Tax Courts– guaranteeing that you (and your clients) stay current on all the very latest valuation law. Attorneys and appraisers alike turn to the exclusive collection of 3,700+ case digests and full-texts covering federal and state law.
Highlights of BVLaw:
- Find valuation cases with a click of a button – Our uniquely distinctive collection of business valuation case law eliminates the need for cumbersome searching through broader information services for relevant case materials. Our legal analysts do the work for you by identifying, collecting and concisely distilling case decisions.
- Find case digests and full-text court opinions dating back to 1925, for all “landmark” cases in key business valuation issues such as discounts for lack of marketability, control premia, the effect of taxes in S Corporations, embedded capital gains taxes, reasonable certainty of lost profits calculations, standards of value in divorce, statutory fair value appraisals, goodwill valuation, reasonable compensation, and more.
- Reduce your legal research fees – Subscribers enjoy lower research bills compared to LexisNexis and Westlaw because we charge one flat subscription fee. There are no per-search or other hidden fees, and no searching through endless, unrelated precedents to find the valuation-specific cases you need.
- Save time and get a guaranteed complete analysis of case law from BVLaw valuation-specific case law digests. Lengthy decisions have already been concisely summarized by our legal analysts.
- Types of court cases covered in the database include:
- Family Law
- Daubert Challenges
- Marital Dissolutions
- Estate Taxes
- Gift Taxes
- Shareholder Rights
- Federal Tax
- Lost Profits
- State-of-the-art search engine with advanced search functionality– Locate cases and case digests by browsing by topic or refine your search by any combination of:
- Case name
- Judge name
- Type of case
- SIC code
Contact us at (503) 291-7963 ext. 2 or email email@example.com to schedule a live demonstration or to learn more about multi-seat firm-wide pricing.